Thursday, January 11, 2007

Peach Cobbler and Vanilla Ice Cream does my heart good

It has been so nice to get back into the rhythm of things at the Horeb. After a wonderful break at home in Lafayette it seems a bit difficult jumping back on the bucking bronco that is Junior Ministry at Mt. Horeb. Excited? I'm ecstatic! I can't wait to see what God is going to do in and through each of us this semester. It is awesome to know that God has prepared a work for each of us to be a part of and to join with Him in what He is doing in the world. I am glad I get to work in Lexington. I am also glad to work at a great church like Mt. Horeb. Today we had leftover peach cobbler from Wednesday night meals. I nearly died. Peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream today was almost more than my little heart could take. Whoever made that cobbler should receive a medal!

Yesterday and today were big days in getting prepared for the semester to kick into high-gear. Yesterday was the first all church meal on Wednesday nights again... we did not start youth group back yet, but I did get to meet with many of my students I had not seen in a while. I miss them so much when I don't get to see them for a while. It always is nice to reunite with my students. Today was another big day in the office. Wade, Meghan, Nick and myself spent much of the day in prayer for each name we have on our sign in lists for the Fuse and Ignite... it was great to be able to pray for each student and have a face to put with the name. It blows my mind that the students I pray for... that I care about so much... God's heart burns for them even more. I am thankful for a loving God... it is an honor to share him with middle schoolers each week. After a short game of H-O-R-E-B in the Family Life Center(Horse, but with a Mt. Horeb flare) we had a small group meeting with some of our leadership. We are so blessed to work with the volunteer staff we have. They are so great and really care about the students they spend time with. Small groups have really become a huge part of the ministry... not only high school, but middle school as well. I miss my 7th grade guys already and I look forward to our February start date! I need to plan some new "MAN EVENT" ideas for them to enjoy each week! FCA tomorrow morning is coming quick so I better hit the sack, but I am just filled with a new passion and drive for what God is doing here in Lexington... I want to be a part of it!
Trevor

2 comments:

Rachel said...

you're a great leader trev! Those 7thgrade boys are blessed

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you are happy! :)