Saturday, January 27, 2007

Dodgeball is America's sport!

I finally was able to sit down today... it's been a long one... but a great one! I just looked down at my permanent markered 6 on my hand reminiscent of my efforts in today's Dodgeball tournament. Now before you start laughing let me tell you it was the most fun I've had in a long time. The day started off with a hearty breakfast with the team... Michael Heaton, Andrew Stewart, Nick Cunningham, Josh Sanders and Rob Watson. We ate and discussed important issues such as... Do our prayers change God's mind? Did Adam have a belly button? What must you do to be saved... cause I thought it was by grace alone? With our stomachs full of omelets and pancakes we raced off to make our 11:30 deadline at St. Stephen's Lutheran church. We battled hard for hours on end against 14 "deadly" teams. We started off with two wins against an 8th grade group of guys (embarrassing really) and then made a group of girls pay big. I felt bad, but this was ultimate Dodgeball. So it came down to us being in the finals and after an opening lose and secondary win... we fell short in the final game. Now this was a big deal... in fact it was $100 to Outback at stake. Oh well, much fun was had and everyone got a teeshirt. So the rest of the day is up for grabs. I just returned inside from nearly setting my yard on fire by burning a few boxes. It really was a close call. It would have been pretty sad to see my house go up in flames. Well I have some big things to take care of quickly and then to the shower for me... wish me luck!
Trevor

No comments: