Monday, January 08, 2007

And all this time I thought being a barbarian was bad.

Erwin McManus is quickly climbing the ladder of Trevor's personal favorite authors. I'm reading a book right now called "The Barbarian Way", which is a book that was suggested to me from a Ben Lippen student. I love this book. Erwin is not the strongest writer I have ever read... not that I am a seasoned critic, but his ideas are amazing. Everything he writes hits me close to my heart. Just today as Nick, Andrew, Wade and I met for youth staff meeting I realized Erwin's call for us to be Barbarians and live bold, dangerous, heroic and sometimes crazy lives for Jesus is actually what we are trying to challenge the students in the Fuse and Ignite to do. I would love to see 200 students who really are passionate about living the way Jesus calls us to live... today... now. I do believe that heaven can crash to earth... I don't think God's kingdom come is just something we are waiting for, but in fact is a present reality as well. I love how this book is challenging the way I think and the way I live. I love to read and find myself being opened to new ideas. The message is the same... sometimes the delivery is different... how fresh!

Tonight was a very disappointing National Championship indeed. Ohio State did not bring their A game tonight... to say the least. One shiny spot in this awful defeat... SEC looks better and better everyday boys! Look out world... GAMECOCKS... here we come.

T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I do believe that heaven can crash to earth."

That's good. I love it.