Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I once was an athlete... I swear

You ever just get to that point when you wake up and you're like... whoa... How did I get here? You maybe thought you had a certain identity and all at once you no can be identified by that. Kinda like milk that has been in the fridge too long... It's no longer milk... more cottage cheese. Or how 'bout cottage cheese that has been in the fridge too long? IT becomes... you know I don't really know what that becomes... I'll think I'll remove it from my cooler (you think I'm joking).

But anyway, back to me having a different identity... like cheese and milk... I'm sick.

I once was an athlete. I really was. I played sports for a few years before I went into youth ministry and then graduated and got a job. Even while at CIU I played intramural sports and the occasional North vs. South game. So it really was no surprise when I got a call to come and play for the North team again this year... my initial reaction... ANYTHING I CAN DO TO STAY ON THE FIELD. My second reaction... I don't even have cleats. My I have fallen from my athleticism.

So today with much sorrow I scour the countryside for a pair of cheap cleats. Growing old is a bummer...

Catch ya later (unless your too fast).
Trevor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i never would have guessed your were an athlete trevor (just kiding) your awsome at katching