Thursday, October 19, 2006

Cookies in the sanctuary...

So this sunday I get to do something I love to do. I get to play guitar! It's true... occasionally I have the oportunity to help lead worship at the 9:00 contemporary service and I'm stoked. We practiced last night at 9:0opm... it was a bit of a late start and Tim provided some killer cookies. I think that guy could make a living bringing around the the sweet morsels he offers. STINKIN' YUM! There is a new addition to our sanctuary as well that ups my intrest in this venture... real drums. Even as I say it my legs grow weak and mouth begins to water. We have had one service with the new toys and I really believe it has and will enrich our worship services. Do I think worship is about real drums?? NO! I think worship is about a REAL Jesus, but there is something to be said about music being louder than I can sing... As David Crowder reminds us in his song "Sing Like the Saved", the King James Version calls us to make a "loud noise". Even last night playing guitar with the band I felt refreshed and alive again. When I truly enter into worship... which doesn't always happen... and often I have to work for, God does great things inside me. I miss passionate worship. I miss experiencing Jesus' presence during the week. So if I want passionate worship it has to start with me. So this sunday I am praying for God to touch our hearts and allow us to experience a healthy dose of the Almighty! May the force be with you...

1 comment:

Megan said...

HEY! guess what =)
III am singing on Sunday too!!