Thursday, December 11, 2008

Barbeque X 2

It is truly amazing what a good night of rest can do for person. I have been exhausted for days on end this past week. It seems I have been waking up more tired than when I went to bed. Last night was a must... I had to sleep. After an awesome conversation with my beautiful fiance I was able to finally grab some snoozes! The world always looks a little better, a little brighter, a tad merrier and the like.

I have contemplating this verse I read a few days ago in Romans. Romans 5:5 "And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." I love this verse. Hope is a luxury these days. It seems hardly anyone carries it anymore. It's like trying to buy a nerf gun or super soaker. You just can't find them anymore. This verse speaks to me in a real way. It is too often I believe that the word hope is followed closely by dissappointment. I've heard people say, "Don't get your hopes up" or "Careful what you hope in"... but why?? I think Romans says it is because we put our hope in the wrong things. Disappointment comes when you put your hope in money, people, government, bonuses or Santa Claus. What if we put our hope in God by His Holy Spirit which He has given us? Accourding to the Bible... that is the only thing that won't fail or dissappoint. I'd like some more hope please. A double portion. God knows my hope thread wears thin at times and it could use a boost. I'm thankful for Gods love.

I am so blessed to work at East Lake. Right next door we have a church member who owns a catering business and we often get to sample... what you might call... leftovers. BUT... I couldn't call these leftovers! They are amazing! It isn't your mom's turkey 5 days after Thanksgiving. This is like savory yummyness! (And I have never in 25 years written yummy... this is serious!) Today we sampled pulled pork that would make you spin, go cross eyed and crumble to the ground a smiling, weeping wreck. This must have been day 8 when God created pork and said, "It was good". Mostly divine. Amen.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Trevor - thanks for the comment. Congrats on all the exciting newness in your life - especially your engagment!! I enjoyed watching your video below...it was almost like chatting with you!! You guys have a holy Christmas, too!!

Young Based God said...

It's great your on here Trevor. Its just like your back at Mt. horeb (except im at home on my computer). Have a great Christmas.
-CB