Wednesday, November 15, 2006

DEAL!

So tonight was deal or no deal at the Fuse (middle school ministry). It went just like we wanted. Between the student involvement and adult leadership it was just a really fun night. We had 92 students and 16 leaders. God is continuing to bless the things that are going on at the Horeb. Tonight was a night where I was just so excited to be a part of the things that were going on and the students that were there. Next week we have no fuse because of Thanksgiving and that will be a welcomed break as I fly home to spend the holiday with family.

We focused on the passage from Luke 18 where Jesus speaks to the rich young ruler and asks him to give up his wealth to follow Him. It is such a sad passage because the man walks away sad... unwilling to give this one thing up for Christ. I so do not want to live this way. I really don't want to allow anything to become more valuable to me than Jesus. It's a day to day struggle, but tonight I value Jesus highly! God continue to keep us chasing after you and reevaluating our dedication to you. AMEN.

night
T

2 comments:

Nick Cunningham said...

you are a most excellent youth pastor

Lindsay Downham said...

Hi Trevor! Just came across your blog and wanted to say hi. I enjoyed reading about what you are up to these days. I'm living in Haiti and loving it!!
Hope life is goin good ;)