Friday, December 01, 2006

NYWC 2006

Wow... where do I begin? I don't believe I have ever sat in one space and been so convinced that God is a real, living, compassionate, loving, HUGE, extra-ordinary, "hound of heaven", global and sovereign. This weekend has been an incredible experience. It was so refreshing to see sooo many youth workers with the goal of sharing the Hope of Jesus Christ with students. Wade, Nick, Rachel, the Rabbi, Meghan, Ferris, Lance and myself all ventured to YS (Youth Specialties) in Charlotte, NC. There were a number of amazing speakers, but the creator of Veggie Tales spoke about what happens when your dreams or ambitions (no matter how righteous) become more important than God himself. It completely impacted my heart. I have received a new desire to want to be in connection with Jesus Christ so closely that all my desires and dreams are His desires and dreams alone. I want to be active in serving the poor. I want to be serious about helping the broken. We as the church have done a great job of teaching students and adults alike about how Jesus served those in need, but we ourselves have done little about it. My good friend Nick said it right when he said... "I want to actually do something here... now". This weekend has done many things for me, but one of the biggest is just making me care about the lost and broken of our world.

We also stayed at the freakin BOMB hotel called the Westin in downtown. It was amazing. Like seriously, I should not have even been able to walk inside... let alone sleep inside. We also hooked up with a friend from BigStuf camp this summer named Leah. How great it is to see the heart of other young people in ministry. She was a real blessing to us this weekend. We also got to spend time with some current CIU students running the booth. Bottom line.... Heath, Billie and Hope are the BOMB!

I love God... that is about it. night.

Trevor

No comments: