Monday, June 08, 2009

3 stages of bible reading

While preparing for a new series we are doing for our middle school students I stumbled upon 3 stages of bible reading in a book that I had to blow dust off of on my shelf. It is called Christian Living made simple.... which seems to be an odd title. The three stages were incredibly elementary, but I have experienced each stage myself and for some reason I like it. So I will share it with you... my one reader.

Stage 1- The Robitussin Stage- This is the stage where reading the Bible is like taking cough medicine. You have to choke it down. You know it is good for you and will benefit you in necessary ways, but you read it while holding your nose and taking a big swig of Pepsi after.

Stage 2- The Shredded Wheat Stage- At this stage you begin to realize that reading the Bible is nutritious and healthy, but still a bit dry. Like Shredded wheat... there is a bit of sweet coating that you get a taste of every once and a while, but for the most part it has to be chewed with milk.

Stage 3- The Peaches and Cream Stage (I don't like this name and so I will rename it to The ZEBRA CAKE Stage)- This stage is when the Bible begins to actually open up to you and "taste" sweet like a ZEBRA CAKE. This is when you can't put the Bible down. It always seems to "hit the spot". This stage is a great stage.

I seem to go back and forth between all of these stages over and over. The fact that there are the other stages causes me to push threw. I know that reading God's Word is what I need. I know it is the very thing that has changed my life. After all, it is inspired by God... "breathed into"... it is alive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can reveal that I agree with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is still a definitely as you did in the downgrade efflux of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=bs player pro 2.24 ?
I noticed the utter you procure not used. Or you partake of the dark methods of development of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg