Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dino Bike

I can vaugely recall as an eight year old kid, whose birthday was quickly approaching, a desire to find any present that was coming my way before it actually was wrapped and my actual birthday came. I don't know why the obsession, but it was present. There was this one particular birthday year when I was searching suspiciously for birthday gifts on our farm in Indiana that I stumbled onto an unquestionable birthday surprise in the milk barn. It was a bicycle that was yellow and green and red and had a small fanny pack on the front that looked like a dinosaur head with little white teeth... complete with training wheels! I was extatic. Never before had I set eyes on such a piece of machinery. I quickly returned to the house trying to suppress a grin that was just below the surface. I was later asked wether or not I had snooped into the milk barn and saw the "Dino Bike" and I responsed "Yes". Later my birthday came and I received all my presents... I can recall getting a plastic basketball hoop (a lot of good that did me... I'm terrible at basketball), I got a dinosaur cake with plastic dions on it and I had many friends around the table. When I final was given the "Dino Bike" it didn't feel right. I had cheated the system... I wasn't surprised... I was boarder line mad. Some things are better waiteed for... sometimes we push too hard and snoop too much into what is to come. I think it taints a lot of plans God has for each one of us. Sounds like a few scriptures I know.

Song of solomon 8:4
Psalm 104:27-28

1 comment:

Terrace Crawford said...

Good thought. Thanks TRev.