Tuesday, February 06, 2007

South Carolina isn't supposed to be cold

So it's yet another cold day here in the midlands. See I know even now I have some people from the North who are like... whatever try 8 below. I'm not trying anything! Let's get this straight... I moved here to the South and expected it to be warm... I came here knowing it would NOT be 8 below. So don't try to compare apples to oranges... it is cold here and that is final!

OK... sorry for that little rant. The past 9 days have been a complete blur with a bit of freeze frames thrown in as well. Last thursday I was honored to take a wonderful girl out to dinner at Liberty Tap Room. It was a such a fun night full of steak, coffee and talking. That combo is always good! Went to Charleston with my two best friends... Nick and Rachel. We tried to go to the aquarium only to arrive 5 minutes late. That puts a damper on your plans believe me. But no worries... we went downtown to shop (thanks Rachel). We had some great sushi at HIRO! (Asian flare emphasis added) We ended the night at Kaminiskys for some great desert and beverages! Last night I was joined by my friend Mary for our college worship night at the Horeb. Declare... a band from Charleston led worship and Nick gave an awesome message challeneging us to embrace what God is doing in the world and join Him. It really impacted me. I had heard that message given by Nick previously, but for some reason it really gave me a hope that the World can change through Jesus Christ. I believe it and I think many of us believed it last night. As the pathetic 80's praise songs says, "It only takes a spark to get a fire going"... I can not believe I just quoted Pass It On. After the worship night I completely dominated Candy Land... and I mean DOMINATED! It takes me back to the glory days of Pretty Pretty Princess majesty.

In other news I am reading a book that is copletely changing my heart. It is a book called Everything Belongs by Richard Rohr. More could be said, but the process is still taking place. I want to learn and I want to be changed from my old nature to my new one. More like Jesus if you will (1 Thess.4:3). Well I should get back to work... the Horeb doesn't pay me to blog!
Trevor

5 comments:

Nick Cunningham said...

I'd pay you to blogg!

Anonymous said...

The Horeb totally pays you to blog. You are a pastor...you are supposed to uplift us with your magical words.

(a) I can't believe you played Candy Land...
(b) you definitely quoted pass it on, but that's ok because I loved that song...(and soon all those around can warm up in it's glowing)
(c) I can't believe it's already Tuesday.

Well, I should have just blogged this comment. Here's to Horeb paying you for blogging!

Andrew Stewart said...

t-rev... you da man, and soon you will have a tele which will just raise your manliness to the next level

Rachel said...

trev they do pay you to blog..they just dont realize it ha ha mt horeb you got punked

Anonymous said...

how about an update?!