Monday, June 15, 2009

S.O.A.P. Challenge


Hello Current middle schoolers! If you are reading this blog it is because you have taken the S.O.A.P. challenege. As we discussed sunday I will be blogging each day on a different passage from Acts. These are the same passages we have asked you to journal on. Feel free to comment on my blogs and we will discuss more passages with S.O.A.P. on sunday at 9am!!! I hope to see you all there.

Monday, June 15


Acts 4:32-37 (New International Version)

The Believers Share Their Possessions

32All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had. 33With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and much grace was upon them all. 34There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35and put it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to anyone as he had need.
36Joseph, a Levite from Cyprus, whom the apostles called Barnabas (which means Son of Encouragement), 37sold a field he owned and brought the money and put it at the apostles' feet.


S.- Scripture
... they shared everything...
... were no needy person among them...
... it was distributed to anyone that had need...
"What does one in heart and mind" mean?

O.- Observe
Everyone seems to be humble and unselfish. They are giving of all they have.
The apostles... or disciples... are full of power that they received earlier in Acts chapter 2. The Holy Spirit provides this power.
Some people have a lot of stuff... land and homes... some have nothing.
Joseph is very generous and giving at the end of the passage to share what he has.

A.- Apply
As a believer and follower of Jesus I should be generous with what I have.
Being a part of a group of people who follow Jesus is helping those who are in need. I need to look for people around me who are in need and help meet their needs.
How can I use the Holy Spirit's power that I have a Christian to testify to the resurrection of Jesus? I can tell others that Jesus is alive. I can show Jesus to others by how I live.

P.- Pray
Jesus, thank you for sending us power through your Holy Spirit. Help me to be generous with what I have been blessed with to help others. Help me to be bold with my faith in you God. Help my students at East Lake to live like the group of believers in Acts.

No comments: