Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Skiing on a slushy isn't as much fun as one might think.

46 students and 13 adults on one bus traveling to Sugar Mountain in NC is recipe for a major disaster. This weekend was our middle school ski trip... which to be honest I was terrified about. My students were in rare form and out of control most of the weekend. It really was a fun time... we skied... hung out a the hotel... saw By The Tree play... had a service and communion sunday morning before we left to come home.
But let me tell you about this one student of mine who is so awesome. His name is Justin Nee and skiing with Justin is an experience everyone should expereince once in their lives. One of my leaders Butch and I went to the top of the mountain along with Justin Nee. Now let me start by reminding you Justin and I had spent nearly an hour on the bunny slope and strugglin to survive that experience. So here we are at the top of the mountain with only one REAL option down the mountain that is marked by a blue square. Needless to say Justin was a bit concerned. 1 and a half hours later Justin carries hiw skis and poles down the hill and to the lodge. Did I mention also that the tempurature for our ski trip was almost 55 degrees. Not the ideal tempurature for skiing. In fact that is why this blog is entitled as it is. It was more like slushy mountain instead of Sugar mountain. But all in all... FUN was had and everyone returned without a broken bone. Youth Ministry math: ski trip+Fun+no broken bones= Success!

AMEN

Trevor

No comments: