Monday, March 30, 2009

Sushi me


Yesterday Jenna and I undertook a high calling. One that I had dreamed about often. We had a blast going to an Asian grocery next to Irmo High School to buy bamboo sushi mat, wasabi, soy sauce and chopsticks. We also bought crab meat, smoked salmon, cucumber, avacado and other things. We made sushi. It took forever to make the sticky rice... it was difficult... a little sticky. Once we got that right we were on our way to quality sushi. Now... it was no Sushi House or Tsunamis, but it did rival Publix sushi. Tasted great! Another great memory in our marriage. Quick... sushi me.


Not the sushi we made above. Ours wasn't that pretty.

3 comments:

Nick Cunningham said...

this has to be on our "to do list" for when we come down to visit

Rachel said...

remember the sushi kit ya'll gave me when i moved to texas. I used it once...making sushi is harder than it would appear!

Rachel said...

acutally i lied...milner gave it to me i think