Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Peanut Butter Ritz crackers and James 1:4

I have this holiday tin can in office that I have been opening and closing periodically this morning. I almost can't stop the continuous action of reaching for the tin, popping off the top, opening the plastic baggy inside and consuming the little peanut butter Ritz crackers dipped in white chocolate! So good! Every year around this time of year I receive a few gifts from very special people at Mt. Horeb. This year a few students gave me sweets, ornaments, EXPANSION PACK FOR SETTLERS OF CATAN!, tee shirt. It is such a blessing. I am truly grateful.

I am truly excited about 10 things...

1. Christmas time. Jesus, wisemen, Joseph, Mary... the whole gang.
2. A 4 day trip back to the Icy North with Jenna Owens.
3. Ritz crackers dipped in white chocolate.
4. Seeing old friends in Indiana.
5. Rachel Olshine coming home!
6. Giving my dad his porcupine fish attractor for Christmas. (Don't worry my dad has no idea what a blog is)
7. Having 4-wheel drive in the snow.
8. Andy Cunninghan coming to work at the Horeb.
9. My small group guys.
10. The possibility for a white Christmas at home.

I spent a few hours yesterday looking at Campmor.com at backpacking equipment. I am practically foaming at the mouth to do some backpacking. As soon as possible... this guys in the woods.

James 1:4 "Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing."

I was reading James this morning and found this passage in James. Maturity is an amazing thing. I don't have much of it yet, but I want it. There is this funny connection between James 1:4 and 2 Peter 1:5-8. Without perseverance there really is no maturing that takes place. I want this passage to marinate for a bit. I feel there is a lot of good "flavor" here. So here is to perseverance! Hip Hip Hooray!

T

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm more excited about truckin it to the icy north than you are!

Terrace Crawford said...

T-REV!

Hey man... found your blog online today. Looks like you are having fun. Long time, no see. I'll bookmark your page for future reads.

Merry Christmas,
/T/

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.