Thursday, April 05, 2007

This morning came early after Nick and I had a long trip home from Charleston late last night. Nick's parents were in town from Lafayette, IN and it was a great time going from the Aquarium in Charleston to Fort Sumter to AW Shucks restaurant downtown. It has been a pretty good week... better than expected. Wade, Nick and I went to see Phillip Yancey speak at CIU on Tues. and it was an amazing chapel. He read a passage of scripture I had never seen before that blew my mind. It was from 1 John 3:20... look it up. Basically it says that if our hearts condemn us God is great than that condemnation and views us differently. That is such great news because from time to time I look at myself and am disgusted. The disgust is even often deserved. But... God loves. Always love. He is greater then my sinful, mistaken, LOUD, condemning heart. I am completely excited because I think I am actually getting to go camping with some friends in NC. I hope it happens. Those things have a way of falling apart. I'm going to work out... too much food from the trip to Chuck Town.
T

No comments: